Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch Help > FAQ > Fetch Features FAQ
Here are answers to commonly asked questions about using Fetch.
- What are the new features in Fetch 5.7?
- Does Fetch support SFTP?
- Does Fetch support FTP with TLS/SSL (FTPS)?
- Does Fetch support WebDAV?
- Does Fetch support challenge-response password systems?
- Does Fetch support resuming uploads?
- Is Fetch Section 508 compliant?
- 1. What are the new features in Fetch 5.7?
- If you're a regular user of Fetch upgrading from an earlier version, see either the Fetch 5.7 for Fetch 5 Users or the Fetch 5.7 for Fetch 4 Users help topic to learn about new features and changes in Fetch. You can also see the summary of new features in Fetch 5.7 topic for a simple list of the major changes and improvements, or read the complete list of changes, new features, and fixes in the Fetch 5.7 release notes.
- 2. Does Fetch support SFTP?
- Yes. Choose SFTP from the Connect using pop-up menu in the New Connection dialog. For more information, see the SFTP help topic.
- 3. Does Fetch support FTP with TLS/SSL (FTPS)?
- Yes. Choose FTP with TLS/SSL from the Connect using pop-up menu in the New Connection dialog. Fetch supports both AUTH TLS (also known as FTPES or Explicit SSL) and SSL connect (also known as Implicit SSL) connections. To use SSL connect (Implicit SSL), choose FTP with TLS/SSL and enter 990 in the Port field. For more information, see the FTP with TLS/SSL help topic.
- 4. Does Fetch support WebDAV?
- No, sorry, Fetch does not support connecting or transferring files to WebDAV servers as of Fetch version 5.7.
- 5. Does Fetch support challenge-response password systems?
- Yes. If Fetch detects a One-Time Password challenge, it automatically computes the one-time password, based on the secret password entered by the user. If, for some reason, you need to compute the response yourself, enter "***CHALLENGE***" in the password field. Fetch will show you the server's challenge and prompt you for a response. See the One-Time Password help topic for more information.
- 6. Does Fetch support resuming uploads and downloads?
- Fetch tries to detect stalls and network or server errors and automatically resume both uploads and downloads for you when they are interrupted. However, if you accidentally stop the transfer of a large file before it completes, yes, it is possible to resume transfers for certain types of files. See the resuming an interrupted download or resuming uploads help topic for more information and limitations.
- 7. Is Fetch Section 508 compliant?
- Fetch is partially compliant with the Section 508 standards. See our compliance statement webpage for more information.