Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch Help > FAQ > Other FAQ
Here are answers to a few miscellaneous questions about Fetch.
- What is the relationship between Fetch Softworks and Dartmouth College?
- What kind of dog is the Fetch mascot?
- Who drew the Fetch mascot?
- What does Regis Philbin have to do with Fetch?
- 1. What is the relationship between Fetch Softworks and Dartmouth College?
- Jim Matthews, the founder of Fetch Softworks, wrote Fetch as an employee of Dartmouth College. Fetch Softworks was created in order to license the Fetch source code and name from Dartmouth College, so that the product could be enhanced and marketed independently. Dartmouth College is not responsible for the statements and actions of Fetch Softworks.
- 2. What kind of dog is the Fetch mascot?
- A mutt. And yes, it is a dog, not a koala.
- 3. Who drew the Fetch mascot?
- Richard Nelson, an artist on Maui, who also happens to be the father-in-law of Fetch's author, drew the original 32x32 Fetch icon. The new 3D rendered mascot was commissioned by Tadashi Suzuki of Hart Computer, which sells a Japanese version of Fetch, and is used with permission.
- 4. What does Regis Philbin have to do with Fetch?
- Directly, nothing. But winning money on Philbin's "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" made it possible for Jim Matthews, Fetch's author, to license the software from Dartmouth College and create Fetch Softworks.