Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Applescript and Fetch (2 posts)
- Started 9 years ago by Applescript
- Latest reply 9 years ago from Jim Matthews
Using Fetch for a while, love it... fast, easy.
I'm kind of new to applescripts, but I was hoping I could automate fetch a little.
I'd like to set up a "hot folder" on my desktop, any file that gets copies into that "hot folder", makes Fetch automatically open, logs onto a certain ftp site, and uploads those files/folders dropped in place. Any ideas to get me started?
Jim Matthews Administrator
You want to set up a folder action script. Here are the steps to take:
1) Download the Fetch 5 example scripts from http://fetchsoftworks.com/FetchExampleScripts.sitx
2) Open the Upload Folder Action script and edit the DestinationURL property to be the URL where you want files uploaded.
3) Control-click on a folder and choose Attach Folder Action... from the contextual menu. Choose the script you saved in step 2.
From then on files dropped in that folder will be uploaded to the specified URL.
- Page 1