Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
AppleSingle auto handling (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by RogueM
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
Hi - unchecking the 'recognize and decode AppleSingle' does nothing. that's with 5.0.4 - it's driving me up the wall.
specifically I cannot STOP a tar file to be uncompressed and the tar to be immediately deleted. I'm 99.99% it's a fetch bug but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Scott McGuire Administrator
To stop tar files from being uncompressed, follow these steps:
(1) Connect to your server and select a tar file.
(2) Click the Get Info button, or choose Remote > Get Info.
(3) Click the triangle next to the "Transfer Option" label to show the Transfer Options pane.
(4) Uncheck the "Automatically decode files like this" checkbox.
To turn off decoding of other file types, you need to repeat these steps for each type you don't want to be decoded automatically.
The "Recognize and decode AppleSingle" checkbox only applies to a specific kind of file (ones encoded in AppleSingle format), not all decodable files.
- Page 1