Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
automatic extract (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by lowkey
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Jim Matthews
how do i stop fetch from automatically extracting archives when i download them?
Jim Matthews Administrator
These instructions are from the "Decoding files automatically" topic in Fetch Help (there's a lot of useful information to be found in Fetch Help):
1. Connect to your server, and find a file whose name ends with an extension for the kind of file that you want to stop or start decoding automatically. For example, for StuffIt files, find a file that ends in ".sit".
2. Select the file.
3. Choose Remote > Get Info .
4. Click the disclosure triangle next to the Transfer Options label at the bottom of the info window to display the Transfer Options pane, if it's not already displayed.
5. Check or uncheck the Automatically decode files like this checkbox.
- Page 1