Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Automator Opens When Trying to Open Fetch (2 posts)
- Started 5 years ago by cdezigns
- Latest reply 5 years ago from Scott McGuire
I can't seem to understand why the Automator App is opening when I click on Fetch. Has anyone had this problem before?
Scott McGuire Administrator
The problem is that some old copies of Fetch have filenames that confuse Mac OS X, causing it to think they belong to another program.
The solution is to download and install a fresh copy of Fetch 4.0.3. This will not affect your shortcuts or preferences.
Please do the following:
* Quit Fetch if it is running.
* Open your Applications folder, and put your old copy of Fetch 4.0.3 in the trash.
* Then open this link: http://fechsoftworks.com/downloads.html
* Click the link for "Fetch 4.0.3 for Mac OS X", which will download a new copy of Fetch 4.0.3.
* Copy the newly downloaded copy of Fetch 4.0.3 to your Applications folder.
* Try opening Fetch.
* While this should not affect your shortcuts, please double-check to make sure they are all still there before you empty the trash and delete the old copy.
This should fix the problem. Please let us know if you run into any more problems, or have any further questions.
- Page 1