Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Broken image !!!! (2 posts)
- Started 14 years ago by BM
- Latest reply 14 years ago from Jim Matthews
Well first of all i was creating a logo at a site for my website. I looked at the html code and copied into index.htm.
Well when i was reading the FAQ of the site i discoverd that th site would only let the picture be on ther server for one hour.
THey said i had to put the pic on the server of my website provider and link from it there.
Could someone explain this to me step for step please ( oh i use the progamm fetch )
Jim Matthews Administrator
There are three steps you'll need to take:
1) Upload the image to a server where it is allowed to stay for more than an hour. Your Internet service may include web space that would be suitable.
2) Figure out the URL of the file at this new location. The URL will start with "http://". The service provider responsible for the server should be able to tell you what URL to use. You can confirm that the URL is correct by entering it in the Address or Location field of your browser and typing Return -- your image should show up in the browser.
3) Put the URL in the <img tag in your index.htm file, in this form:
<img src="URL GOES HERE" ....
I hope this helps,
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.