Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Can't remember password, but fetch does (2 posts)
- Started 4 years ago by Linda
- Latest reply 4 years ago from Scott McGuire
I am using iweb to create a new site on my studio computer and will upload it to my server. I created a new domain file because the one on my laptop is getting VERY large. I need to enter the login info into iweb so I can upload it, but I've tried all the usual passwords, but none of them work. IS there any way i can recover the password from fetch since it knows what it is???
Scott McGuire Administrator
Fetch stores the passwords it uses in the Mac OS X keychain. You can use the Keychain Access application to look at the password saved by Fetch.
To find your password in the Keychain Access application:
* Open the Keychain Access application, which is in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.
* Look for an entry whose Name is the name of your server, and whose Kind is "Fetch password" (or possibly "Internet password").
* Display the entry’s details by double-clicking on the entry.
* Click the "Show password" checkbox and when prompted, enter your keychain passphrase (usually the same as your Macintosh login or administrator password) to display the password.
If you still can't find your password by this method, you'll probably need to contact the company or people who run your server, and ask for their help in recovering your password.
- Page 1