Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Can't see uploaded files (2 posts)
- Started 5 years ago by Diana
- Latest reply 5 years ago from Scott McGuire
When I use Fetch with my iMac, I can't see files that were uploaded to my site. When I use Coffee Cup with my PC, I can see the files.
Why does Fetch not show me the newly uploaded files?
Scott McGuire Administrator
Fetch sometimes caches (stores) file lists locally in order to speed up their display. While it is designed to notice changes to file lists and get a fresh list when there are changes, on rare occasions the algorithm Fetch uses makes a mistake and shows you an out-of-date file list, which may not include all the files on the site. My guess is this is the problem you are experiencing.
Please try the following:
* Open Fetch.
* Go to the Fetch menu, and choose Preferences.
* Click the Miscellaneous tab.
* Check the "Ignore file list cache" checkbox.
* Connect to the server.
* Navigate to the folder where the files should be.
* If you still do not see the files, go to the View menu, and choose Refresh.
This should show you the files, and prevent the problem from happening in the future - you won't need to repeat these steps again, because they turn off the file list cache feature, so that Fetch always gets a fresh file list from the server.
Let us know if that doesn't fix the problem, or if you have any other questions.
- Page 1