Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Cant view my web page on internet (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by bollidarling
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
Help I am having a problem viewing my web page on the internet. I have loaded my web page files into fetch public_html folder and the program says Im connected. However, the web page does not launch. Instead it shows 3 folders/files as follows
the web page from my mac
If I click on folder (web page from my mac) it takes me into the web page. What do I need to do to get the web page to load automatically?
Scott McGuire Administrator
The trick is that instead of uploading the folder (web page from my mac), you need to upload everything that is inside that folder to public_html, but not the folder itself.
So I would do the following:
* Connect to the server with Fetch.
* In the Fetch window, go to public_html and delete the folder (web page from my mac).
* Then on your Macintosh, open up the folder (web page from my mac), select all the contents, and drag them to the Fetch window.
* Or, use Fetch's Put command and in it, select the folder contents, not the folder itself.
Please let us know if this helps. Thanks,
- Page 1