Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Change Folder Locations (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by Stephen
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
Hi, I have a folder online containing about 1GB of files. I want to move the folder to a new location with out having to physically move all the files. I.e. The folder is called MOVIES and is inside an IMAGES folder. I want to move it outside the IMAGES folder. Can this be done? Thanks
Scott McGuire Administrator
Yes, if you want to just move the IMAGES folder to a different folder on the same server, you should be able to use Fetch to move it and all the files inside it without spending time copying all the files.
Do the following:
* Connect to the server, and navigate to the MOVIES folder.
* Choose File > New Connection and connect to the server again.
* Now you will have two Fetch transfer windows that are connected to the same server. However, each window can view a different folder on the server. The name of the folder you're viewing is in the title bar of the window - for instance, the window you opened first will say MOVIES in the title bar.
* In the second Fetch window, navigate to the folder where you want to move the files to.
* Drag the IMAGES folder from the MOVIES window to the new window.
This should just relocate the folder and all the files.
Please let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks,
- Page 1