Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
chmod/permissions (2 posts)
- Started 12 years ago by Sandy
- Latest reply 12 years ago from Jim Matthews
I've been using Fetch for a while now and in my opinion it's the best FTP client for a Mac out there.
But, for some reason whenever I try to set permissions, it...doesn't work. I don't know how else to explain it. I was trying to install a script and part of the installation instructions were to CHMOD 755 a file so I set the permissions, but when I try to load the file on my browser, I get an error. I asked a friend to change the permissions for me on their PC and it works fine. So what went wrong?
Thanks for your time
- Sandy :)
Jim Matthews Administrator
Could you take these steps:
1) Choose View File List from the Remote menu and close the window that appears.
2) Use the Set Permissions... command to change the permissions of a file.
3) Choose View File List again.
4) Choose "Fetch Transcript" from the Window menu and post the contents. The two file listings should be included, so we should be able to see if the set permissions command worked.
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.