Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Configuring Fetch to integrate with SubEthaEdit? (2 posts)
- Started 12 years ago by thepacketrat
- Latest reply 12 years ago from Jim Matthews
I've tried setting up SubEthaEdit as the default text editing tool for Fetch, but Fetch still looks for BBEdit when I try to open files. What do I need to do?
Jim Matthews Administrator
You can specify SubEthaEdit in three places:
1) In the Obscure Options pop-up menu in the Misc. section of Preferences, choose "Specify external text editor..." and choose SubEthaEdit. Fetch will change its "Edit with BBEdit" command in the Remote menu to "Edit with SubEthaEdit".
2) Choose "Suffix Mapping..." from the Customize menu and change the mappings that currently point to BBEdit to point to SubEthaEdit. Its creator code is 'Hdra' if you want to type it directly instead of using the Choose Example... button.
3) In the Download section of Preferences, choose "Other..." from the "Edit text files with:" pop-up menu, and choose SubEthaEdit. Fetch uses this setting for downloaded text files that don't have an entry in Suffix Mapping.
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.