Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
confused! (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by chicks
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Jim Matthews
after you upload your files how do you view your new site
Jim Matthews Administrator
Once you have uploaded your site you should be able to view it by entering the site's URL (e.g. http://fetchsoftworks.com) in your web browser's Location field.
If your site does not appear that can mean one of a number of things:
* Your domain name is not active yet. (in this case the web browser may say that the host could not be found). This is more likely if you just set up your hosting account and domain name. Your hosting company should give you an alternate URL that you can use while you wait for your domain name to become active.
* The files you uploaded did not include a file named index.html or index.htm. Web servers look for a file with one of those names to send back when a web browser first comes to a site. So you should name your main page index.html.
* The files you uploaded were uploaded to the wrong folder on the server. Some hosting companies require that web site files be uploaded to a folder named "public_html" or "www". Others require that the files go in a folder with the name of your domain name.
I hope this helps,
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.