Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Control-M characters in Text filw (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by tj06fetch
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
Hi, we're using Fetch 5.0.5 (Mac) to put text tiles on a unix server behind a firewall.
Passive mode is turned off.
Am able to put the file. However, it has ^M
in it. How do we prevent that from appearing
in the file?
By the way, an older version of Fetch doesn't have this problem. Any settings I should be checking?
Sr Software Engineer
Administrative Computing and Information Services - Carnegie Mellon University
Scott McGuire Administrator
Are you connecting by FTP or SFTP?
Here are some things to check:
* Go to the Format submenu of the Remote menu, and sure your upload format is set to either Automatic or Text. If it is set to Binary, you may see extra returns in your text files when they're uploaded.
* If that is not the problem, and if you are using FTP, you should check the setting of the "Text file line endings" preference. You can find it by choosing Preferences from the Fetch menu, and clicking the Download tab. "Mac OS X and Unix" should be the setting you want; however, if it is already set to that, try the other settings and see if they fix the problem.
* If you are using SFTP, or none of the above helps, let us know and we'll investigate further.
- Page 1