Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
disconnection (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by gjredpill
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
everytime i try and upload my site, i get a msg saying that the ftp server dropped the connection. it does this at different times in the upload process, not on a certain file. how can i get it to load completely w/o dropping the server connection. i'm pretty illiterate when it comes to this stuff, is this in reference to my computer, my website host or fetch itself?
thanks for you time
Scott McGuire Administrator
Disconnects while uploading a lot of files are usually caused by either a problem with the server (the webhost), or some intermittent problem in your network connection.
If you could do the following, we'll take a look and see if we have any suggestions for you:
* Quit Fetch, if it's running.
* Open Fetch again.
* Connect to your server.
* Try uploading again.
* Go to the Window menu, and choose Fetch Transcript.
* Copy the entire contents of the transcript window.
* Paste them into an email and send it to: bb at fetchsoftworks dot com
- Page 1