Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
downloads in SAFARI, not text (2 posts)
- Started 13 years ago by ccpollen
- Latest reply 13 years ago from Jim Matthews
When I download a text file, it comes onto my desktop as a Safari page, and not in Text Edit format. I need to be able to make text changes to re-upload the pages, and I can't do it in this format. The downloads look like the page on the web, but I need do see them in HTML text. Is is a preferences thing?
Jim Matthews Administrator
You should be able to edit them in TextEdit just by dropping them on the TextEdit icon, or choosing "Open..." from the File menu in TextEdit. But to have them open in TextEdit automatically you need to change your suffix mapping for .html. Right now it apparently points to Safari, and you want it to point to TextEdit. To do this:
1) Choose Suffix Mapping... from the Customize menu.
2) Scroll down to the .html entry, click on it to select it, and press the Change button.
3) Change the Creator field to ttxt (all lower case) and change the "Name for this type of file" entry to "TextEdit file".
4) Press OK, then OK again.
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.