Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Edit mode upload failed - where to get original file? (3 posts)
- Started 6 years ago by Manca
- Latest reply 6 years ago from Manca
I just tried to edit a file on the server directly through Fetch. It opened TextMate and I did necessary changes to a file. After saving it, Fetch started uploading it to the server, but that was unsuccessful. In meantime I closed TextMate.
Can I recover the original file that's been temporary downloaded to my mac? Where does Fetch store temporary files for editing?
Thanks a lot!
Jim Matthews Administrator
Here's how I would find the file:
* Choose a different text file in Fetch and click the Edit button to open it in TextMate
* Hold down the Command key and click on the name of the file in the title bar of the TextMate window containing the file contents; a pop-up menu showing the path to the file should appear
* Choose "Fetch Temporary Folder" from the menu -- the folder containing both the new temporary file and the file from your previous editing attempt should open in the Finder
Awesome! That did the trick! Thanks Jim!
- Page 1