Your best friend for file transfer.

Fetch application logoFetch

Fetch 5.7.2 no longer (actually) working with Server(s) (4 posts)

  • Started 1 year ago by Dr. Jim
  • Latest reply 1 year ago from Jim Matthews
  • Dr. Jim Member

    Dear Fetch -
    As of last evening (10/25/2012), I confirmed that Fetch 5.7.2 on my Macbook Pro (Mac OS X ver. 10.6.8) is no longer (actually) communicating/working-with my clients' domain Servers. I make whatever modifications/updates to clients' websites, then go to upload the revised files to the relevant Server folder(s) along the same precise paths that I've used (successfully) for quite some time now. Fetch reports that it is communicating with said- Server(s), has connected, describes which file(s) it is attempting to/is transferring to said-Server, and then reports each time that said-files have been successfully transferred... no problems reported. However, recently when I visit the respective clients' websites to confirm that the file(s) are in place, I note that no change(s) have occurred, suggesting that the (updated) file(s) were never uploaded. I have tried everything from clearing the history/cache from both of my Internet Browsers (Mozilla Firefox 16.0.1 and Safari 5.1.7), (cold-)rebooting my Mac, and even trying again and again to re-upload said-files... all to no avail.
    What is going on all of a sudden, and how can this problem be resolved A.S.A.P.? Thank you in advance for your time and attention!
    Sincerely,

    Dr. Jim Gladden
    Webmaster,
    www.EvanSites.com

    Posted 1 year ago #

  • Jim Matthews Administrator

    Hi,

    If Fetch is reporting that it uploaded the files, it uploaded the files. It sounds like something was changed on the server, such that the correct location for files that make up these websites is not the same as it used to be. I would contact the web hosting company to verify the correct locations.

    Thanks,

    Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 1 year ago #

  • Dr. Jim Member

    Hey -

    I had already confirmed that NO changes had occurred on the ServerS (not just one Server). All files were (to be) going to the same identical locations & paths as before... i.e., when Fetch was working. Still, Fetch 5.7.2 (mis)reported that all files selected were successfully loaded... even though my Internet Browsers reported otherwise. (And this was AFTER I had already cleared the entire cache/history for each Browser.) However, I tried following your previous post/suggestion, re: updating to Fetch 5.7.3 (for a completely different, seemingly-irrelevant purpose!) This "Hail Mary" WORKED: After (once again) uploading my updated files to my respective clients' Servers, my Browsers are now displaying the modifications. Lo and Behold. Hey, this is almost like the days when I was working (mostly in vain) with MS Windows!!
    Best,

    Dr. Jim Gladden
    Webmaster,
    www.EvanSites.com

    Posted 1 year ago #

  • Jim Matthews Administrator

    I'm glad to hear that the files were uploaded successfully by Fetch 5.7.3. Do let us know if you run into problems again.

    Thanks,

    Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

    Posted 1 year ago #

Reply

  • Or nickname, if you prefer.
  • This will be kept confidential.
  • This is to ensure that you’re a person, not a spambot.