Your best friend for file transfer.

Fetch application logoFetch

Fetch Error -3155 (2 posts)

This is an archived topic. The information in it is likely to be out-of-date and no longer applicable to current versions of Fetch.
  • Started 12 years ago by djvsx
  • Latest reply 12 years ago from Jim Matthews
  • djvsx Member

Okay, first off my system information:

OSX v. 10.2.6
    Fetch v. 4.0.1
    Norton Personall Firewall v.2.0.2
    RCA Cable modem - cable service.

The problem I'm experiencing is at different times (typically when changing directories or uploading a file) I'll get an "Open Transport Error -3155". I find this odd because according to Apple's site they don't run Open Transport in OSX... which makes me wonder how I'm getting this error. I maintain two web sites on completely different servers and I'm getting the error on both servers involved. I thought it might be an issue with Norton Personal Firewall but I've tried uninstalling the Firewall software and the problem persists.

Any ideas what could help? It's a pretty sporadic and random problem and can occur even when I'm uploading an 8k gif so I don't think file size has anything to do with this?

Posted 12 years ago #

• Jim Matthews Administrator

First of all I'd try upgrading to Fetch 4.0.3. You can download it from

If that does not help I'd post the contents of the Fetch Transcript window after you get an error.

[By the way, it is correct that Open Transport is not something you install on OS X, but the Open Transport programming interfaces are still available on OS X for the benefit of compatability with programs like Fetch that also run on Mac OS 9]

Jim Matthews
    Fetch Softworks

Posted 12 years ago #

Topic closed

This topic has been closed.