Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch fills in my password (2 posts)
- Started 9 years ago by sanna
- Latest reply 9 years ago from Scott McGuire
I realized today, after over a year using fetch, that it fills in my password in 3 sec. and able to log in. I had shortcuts set up for a while and then removed it. What else can I do so it will not fill in the rest of my password.
I am using Fetch 4.0.3
Scott McGuire Administrator
It sounds like your password is stored in your keychain, where it is read out automatically. (The keychain is a feature of Mac OS that securely stores passwords and automatically fills them out for you, so you don't have to remember them all.)
You can delete the entry for that password from the keychain, and it will no longer be filled out automatically.
Assuming you are on Mac OS X, do the following:
* Open the Keychain Access application, which is in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.
* You should see a list of all the items stored in the keychain.
* Look for one that has a name that is the same as your FTP server's hostname, and whose Kind is "Internet password."
* Select it, and click the Delete button in the toolbar.
Be very sure that you remember what the password is before you delete if from the keychain, though, because you cannot undo this action.
Let us know if this is does not help.
- Page 1