Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch menu bar problem (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by nicole16
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
So I finally got connected to Fetch, but the menu bar that had all the icons for the functions, like for putting files, is just a blank bar with nothing on it. Is this normal?
Scott McGuire Administrator
No, that's normal. From this and from the other problem you were seeing (the Mac OS error -50), it sounds like you should re-download and re-install Fetch.
Follow the steps below. You do not need to repurchase Fetch; if Fetch asks you for a serial number again once you are done, use the one you were sent recently.
* Go to your Applications folder, and move the Fetch icon to the Trash.
* Choose "Home" from the Go menu in the Finder.
* Open the Library folder.
* Open the Preferences folder.
* Find the com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.plist, Fetch Prefs, and Fetch Cache files, and move them to the Desktop.
* Go to http://fetchsoftworks.com/ and click the "Download Fetch 5.0.5" link to download a new copy of Fetch.
* Follow the installation instructions once you've downloaded Fetch. (Drag the Fetch icon from the installer disk image to your Applications folder.)
Then try running Fetch and connecting to your server again. Once you're sure everything works, you can put the three files you moved to the Desktop in the Trash.
Let us know if this does not fix the problems, or if you have any questions about these steps.
- Page 1