Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch not connecting via SFTP... (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by Mikael
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Jim Matthews
I am trying to connect to an sftp server (globalscape secure ftp V3) and I am not having any luck with sftp connections. It tries, but never connects. Regular ftp works great. I have tried both port 21 and 990 on sftp. With another ftp (cuteFTP) software I can easily connect via sftp to port 990, so I know that it is all setup correct, but when trying it with latest Fetch 5.0.1, nothing is happening during the connection. Any suggestions?
Transcript below (username and ip address removed):
Fetch 5.0.1 (5A645) running on Mac OS X 10.3.9 (7W98)
StuffIt Engine 0x800, StuffIt SDK Version 8.0
Partial serial FETCH5X001-RD7A-4NVX T
Connecting to user@ipaddress port 990 (6/7/05 9:45:15 PM)
Connecting to user@ipaddress port 22 (6/7/05 9:52:49 PM)
Connecting to user@ipaddress port 21 (6/7/05 9:53:26 PM)
Jim Matthews Administrator
Could you follow these steps to gather some more information? Post the results in your reply, or email them to bugs at fetchsoftworks dot com
1) Enable the Debug menu by typing Command-Option-Shift-Control-d (this command will not work if the New Connection dialog is open, so click Cancel if it is).
2) Choose Logging > SFTP Logging from the Debug menu (which will have appeared between the Window menu and the Help menu).
3) Try to connect to the SFTP server
4) Send the contents of the Fetch Transcript window, and the contents of the console (which you can view by running the Console application in the Utilities folder of the Applications folder).
- Page 1