Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Fetch won't open-weird message (2 posts)
- Started 9 years ago by anitaseipel
- Latest reply 9 years ago from Scott McGuire
I only change my website every few months and haven't used fetch since Dec. When I tried to open it today I receivd the following message: "server response:can't build data connection: operation timed out". Has something changed? Am I doing something wrong? I am not very tech-savvy. HELP!
Scott McGuire Administrator
Try the following:
* Choose Preferences from the Fetch menu.
* If you are using Fetch 4, click the Firewall tab; if you are using Fetch 5, click the General tab.
* Make sure the "Use passive mode transfers (PASV)" checkbox is checked.
Then try connecting again.
If this does not help, after you try to connect and you get the error message, please choose Fetch Transcript from the Window menu, copy the entire contents of the transcript window, and paste them here. We'll take a look and try to figure out what's going on.
- Page 1