Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
File name / Rename whilst uploading (4 posts)
- Started 5 years ago by Hayden
- Latest reply 5 years ago from Scott McGuire
I'm using the latest Fetch with G4 Powermac with OSX 10.4.11.
I just noticed a file name problem. Everything works fine when you go through the folders on your hard drive manually and choose the files to upload.
However, there is a problem when you do the followings;
1. Click the 'Put' icon or Command+U.
2. This will show the list of files and folders on your hard drive.
3. Type in a file name in the search box on the right top corner
4. The search results comes up
5. When you choose the file from the search results, though clicking the actual file, the file name remains as the initial folder name, plus it does not allow 'Put as' field to be typed over.
6. When you proceed with the upload, it will upload the file but with the folder name which was preselected already. That is to say the file gets uploaded with the folder name without the extension.
Of course, though it doesn't have an extension, it is still a file thus can be renamed once it is uploaded, but it is very inconvenient. I wonder if there is any solution to this, or perhaps sort this out with the future releases?
Thank you and keep up the good work.
Scott McGuire Administrator
Thanks for reporting this problem. I have duplicated it on one of my test machines.
Unfortunately, I don't see a work around other than using the Find command in the Finder and then using drag-and-drop to upload the files, instead of using the search field in Fetch's Put dialog.
This problem only affects Fetch on Mac OS X 10.4; using the search field in the Put dialog works correctly on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6. (I realize that doesn't help you, since you're running Mac OS X 10.4.11, but just for the record.)
I have filed a problem ticket in our database and we will look into fixing the problem, however, I do not have an estimate for when we might release a fix.
I apologize for the inconvenience, and please let us know if you have further questions.
Thank you very much for taking time to look into the problem and respond to my query.
Since it is really a minor problem so it doesn't matter that much but I got multiple hard drives on my machine and sometime I use this search feature so it would be great if it could be fixed.
Anyway, apart from that the software is really great and appreciate all the hard work you and the Fetch team has put into. I would like to thank you once again and keep up the good work.
Scott McGuire Administrator
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words.
It is a small problem, but I agree it would be nice if it worked correctly on Mac OS X 10.4. We'll see if we can get it fixed for a future version.
- Page 1