Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
File Permissions (2 posts)
- Started 11 years ago by paul8108
- Latest reply 11 years ago from Scott McGuire
I downloaded the demo version wanting to see if the setting permission feature works. But when I click the get info button there is nothing about permissions. I searched all over the program and can find nothing about permissions. Can someone help me thanks in advance.
Scott McGuire Administrator
You should be able to see the view/set permissions feature with the trial version of Fetch, which is fully fuctional.
To see the view/set permissions feature, you should do the following:
* Connect to your server.
* Select a file.
* Click the Get Info button.
* When you first run Fetch, the Permissions pane of the info window is hidden.
* In the info window, just below the text field showing the name of the file, you should see a line that says "Ownership and Permissions."
* Click on the triangle to the left of "Ownership and Permissions."
* Now you should see the permissions.
If you still do not see the permissions pane after following these instructions, it is possible that you have one of the rare servers that does not support setting permissions.
If you don't see them, could you please choose Fetch Transcript from the Window menu, copy the contents of the transcript window, and paste them here? We'll take a look and try to confirm if it's a server problem, or otherwise figure out what's going on.
- Page 1