Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Follow up question to Scott's response to Uploading New Pages (3 posts)
- Started 9 years ago by Monique
- Latest reply 9 years ago from Monique
Hi Scott. My new iWeb pages are not uploading. I found a discussion you had on the same topic and followed it through until I came to the exact place where I was. You recommended the following steps, which I followed:
(1) Create a completely brand new folder, let's call it "My Website Test".
(2) Go into iWeb, and choose the "Publish to a Folder" menu item.
(3) In the dialog that says "Choose a location to store your site", find the folder named "My Website Test", and double-click on it.
(4) Now in the "Choose a location" dialog you should have a blank list, but saying "My Website Test" in the pop-up menu near the top.
(5) Click the Choose button.
(6) iWeb exports your website.
(7) Go to the Finder, and open up the "My Website Test" folder.
(8) Is there a "Site" folder inside it? Or lots of folders and html files, named after the pages of your site?
My domain name is www.moniquemaffei.com
In answer to your above questions: inside the folder I created, named "My Website Test", are a "Site" folder and a document "index.html". I attempted to Put the "Site" folder and separately tried to Put the index.html. Neither one uploaded my new site. I would really appreciate some help.
Jim Matthews Administrator
Scott's on vacation this week, but I'd be happy to try to help.
Could you try uploading the index.html file again, and then choose "Fetch Transcript" from the Window menu and post the contents of that window?
Hi there. Thank you for offering to help. Actually, Christian from tech support returned a call to me. I told him I had heard from you and was going to attempt a fix through the message board. But he was kind enough to make a suggestion anyway. I tried it and it didn't work unfortunately. So, I'll begin with what you suggested and let you know the results. Thank you. Talk with you soon.
- Page 1