Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
forgotten password (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by dakrusha
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
I have lost a password for one of my FTP logins. How do i extract it out of fetch? I know there are programs for PC that will do this but can't find one for mac. Any help would be great.
Scott McGuire Administrator
These instructions apply to Fetch 5.
If you have saved your password in a shortcut, you can find it out again by using the Keychain Access application (in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder). When you created the shortcut and entered a password for it, the password was automatically saved in your keychain.
To find your shortcut's password in the Keychain Access application:
* Open the Keychain Access application.
* Look for an entry whose Name is the name of the server specified in the shortcut, and whose Kind is "Fetch password" (or possibly "Internet password").
* Display the entry's details by double-clicking on the entry (Mac OS X 10.4 or later) or clicking once on the entry (Mac OS X 10.3).
* Click the "Show password" checkbox and enter your keychain passphrase (usually the same as your Mac's login/administrative password) to see the password.
If you haven't saved your password in a shortcut, you will need to contact the folks who run the server in order to get your password.
- Page 1