Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Having problems uploading changes using iweb and fetch (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by jobell
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
I am using iweb and fetch to upload my schools website. Uploaded fine the first time and have since made some changes and updates to the site.
I publish the files to a file and we were originally just dragging the while folder over. Then i tried deleting files and reloading them with the changes but they dont appear on the site. What am i doing wrong?
Scott McGuire Administrator
Usually dragging the whole folder containing your iWeb files to the server is not the correct thing to do; what you need to do is open up the folder and upload the files inside it.
Here are our recommended steps for uploading iWeb-created websites with Fetch. Please give the a try, and let us know if you're still having problems:
1. Create a folder on your desktop with the name of your website (something like "My Website March 5").
2. In iWeb, go to the File menu, and choose Publish to a Folder.
3. You will be prompted to choose a folder to put your website files in. Choose the folder you created on your desktop.
4. iWeb will export the files that make up your website.
5. Open Fetch.
6. Enter the information for your server into the New Connection dialog and click Connect.
7. A new window listing the folder and files on your server appears. This is the Fetch transfer window.
8. In the transfer window, open the folder where you want to put your website files. You can change to a different folder by double-clicking on its icon. (Note that on some servers you do not need to change to a different folder.)
9. Open the website folder you created on your desktop. You will see an index.html and one or more folders.
10. Select all of these and drag them to the transfer window of Fetch.
11. Fetch will start uploading your files and folders. The dog cursor runs until Fetch has finished putting your files on to the server.
12. Once Fetch has finished uploading, visit your website to make sure it looks correct.
- Page 1