Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
hidden files (3 posts)
- Started 11 years ago by jannetta
- Latest reply 11 years ago from jannetta
Can someone perhaps help. I have a client who uses fetch on a mac. I know nothing about fetch or macs. However, I need for the client to copy .htaccess and .htpasswd files from a remote server onto his mac. Can someone please tell me if it is possible to set fetch to display these files and if so, please explain how. You'll have to give a lot of detail, as I will have to blindly relate this information back to my client. Thanks for any help.
Jim Matthews Administrator
The client should:
1) Make sure they have Fetch 4.0.2.
2) Choose "Preferences..." from the Customize menu.
3) Click on the "Misc." tab
4) Choose "Send LIST -al to UNIX servers" from the "Obscure Options" pop-up menu.
5) Press the OK button to save the change.
.htaccess and .htpasswd files should start showing up (it may be necessary to refresh the file list -- that command is in the Directories menu).
Thanks Jim, I'm going to give it a go.
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.