Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Hot Folders (2 posts)
- Started 9 years ago by guest
- Latest reply 9 years ago from Scott McGuire
guest Registered Member
I want to set up a hot folder to automatically upload my files to FTP sites with Fetch. It is not working and I think the reason is the passwords on the FTP sites. Can you help.
Here is the script:
property DestinationURL : "ftp://firstname.lastname@example.org/files/rt_waxahachie/"
on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items
tell application "Fetch"
with timeout of 36000 seconds
put into url DestinationURL item added_items
end adding folder items to
Scott McGuire Administrator
Your script looks correct.
If the problem is Fetch is waiting for a password, you should add the password to your keychain - then Fetch will get the password out of your keychain automatically without prompting for it. The keychain is part of Mac OS X that provides a secure, central storage place for passwords.
To add the password to the keychain:
* Run Fetch.
* In the New Connection dialog, enter the same hostname, username, and path you're using in this AppleScript.
* Enter the password in the Password field
* Check the "Add to keychain" checkbox.
* Click Connect.
* Once the connection has opened successfully, your password has been added to the keychain.
Then try your hot folder again. If this does not work, let us know.
- Page 1