Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
How do you accept new SFTP key? (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by Aesthetic
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
My host, Hurricane Electric, installed an SFTP update last night that created a new key. Now I can't make a connection. They suggested trying Cyberduck, and it asked if I wanted to accept the key and it worked.
How do I get Fetch to accept the new key?
Scott McGuire Administrator
In order to fix the problem, you need to clear out Mac OS X's stored cache of SSH host keys.
Here are instructions on how to do that:
* In Fetch, choose Fetch Help from the Help menu.
* In the help window, search for "known hosts".
* Double-click on the "RSA host key differs warning" help topic (it should be the one at the top of the list).
* A help topic opens in the help window.
* Scroll down to the "Delete the known_hosts file for me" link.
* Click the link, and follow the instructions.
Once that's done, try connecting to your server using SFTP again. If you're warned that "the authenticity of the host can't be established" (you may or may not be), that is normal and you should continue.
Please let us know if this fixes your problem or not, or if you have any questions about the above.
- Page 1