Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
"Insufficient file server privileges" to create new shortcuts (3 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by Erin
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Erin
I'm using Fetch 4.0.3. and Mac OS 10.2.8. For some reason, I'm no longer able to set up new shortcuts. All of my existing ones work fine, but when I try to set up a new one, I get:
"Error: you have insufficient file server privileges for that operation."
Which is a new one to me! Anyone know how I can fix this?
Jim Matthews Administrator
It sounds like there's a permission problem with the Fetch Shortcuts file. I'd would:
1) Quit Fetch
2) Move the "Fetch Shortcuts" file out of the Preferences folder in the Library folder of your Home folder.
3) Run Fetch and choose "Fetch Shortcuts" from the Window menu -- you should see the default set of shortcuts.
4) Open the old "Fetch Shortcuts" file -- you should now have two Fetch Shortcuts windows open.
5) Drag your shortcuts from the old window to the new one.
Does that fix the problem?
Yes, that fixed it... thank you! :-)
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.