Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Keynote and Pages (2 posts)
- Started 4 months ago by Aaron
- Latest reply 4 months ago from Jim Matthews
When I try to download a Keynote or Pages file using Fetch, the file will not open on my computer. A window pops up that says I need the latest version of either of these apps to open the file. The problem is, I already have the latest Pages and Keynote. I am running Maverick. Any ideas?
Jim Matthews Administrator
Thanks for reporting this problem. New Keynote and Pages documents appear to include .zip files, and Fetch's automatic zip decoding causes the documents to not be openable.
To turn off Fetch's automatic expansion of .zip files you should:
1) Connect to the server with Fetch and navigate to a folder with a Keynote document
2) Enter the Keynote document (which is actually a folder with a name that ends in .key)
3) You should see a file named Index.zip; select it
4) Click on the Get Info button
5) Uncheck the "Automatically decode files like this" checkbox under "Transfer Options:"
Please let me know if that does not fix the problem for both Keynote and Pages.
- Page 1