Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
LOST SHORTCUTS (2 posts)
- Started 3 years ago by Ron
- Latest reply 3 years ago from Scott McGuire
I trashed Fetch using APP ZAPPER to download new version. So I lost all the stored shortcuts to log-in to the sites I manage.
I restored the shortcuts plist and the other fetch preference files I could find in the (User)Library/Preferences using Timemachine, but that did NOT do the trick. Does anyone have the answer on how to get these back?
Scott McGuire Administrator
Here is what you should try to get the shortcuts back:
* Quit Fetch and make sure Fetch is not running; it is important that Fetch is not running when you restore the old preferences files to the right place.
* Click the desktop background to select the Finder.
* In the Finder, go to the "Go" menu, and choose "Home"
* Open the Library folder
* Open the Preferences folder
* Find the "com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.plist", "com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.Shortcuts.plist", and "Fetch Shortcuts" files, and put them in the Trash (this is okay, since they do not contain the information you want anyway). (You may not have all these files, if not, that's okay.)
* Restore the following files from your backup: "com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.plist", "com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.Shortcuts.plist", and "Fetch Shortcuts".
* Open Fetch.
And of course, make sure you're restoring from a day before you ran AppZapper.
Let us know if that doesn't do the trick.
- Page 1