Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Mac OS error -2147408863 (2 posts)
- Started 2 years ago by Leigh Pomeroy
- Latest reply 2 years ago from Scott McGuire
Leigh Pomeroy Member
When attempting to enter a new shortcut I get the message that the shortcut cannot be saved because of Mac OS error -2147408863. Can't find any reference to this error online. Anyone know what the problem is?
Scott McGuire Administrator
This error indicates a problem with the Mac OS X keychain, which Fetch uses to securely store the passwords for your shortcuts and recent connections.
Please do the following to check for and repair problems with the keychain:
* Quit Fetch, if it's running.
* Open the Keychain Access application, which is in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.
* Go to the Keychain Access menu, and choose Preferences.
* Click on the "First Aid" tab.
* Make sure both "Synchronize login keychain password" and "Set login keychain as default" are checked.
* Then go to the Keychain Access menu, and choose Keychain First Aid.
* In the password field of the Keychain First Aid window, enter your Mac OS X admin password (this should be the same as your Mac OS X login password).
* Click the Repair radio button.
* Click the Start button.
* Once it's done, close the Keychain First Aid window.
* Restart your Macintosh.
Then try creating a new shortcut in Fetch again.
Let us know if you're still having problems after doing this.
- Page 1