Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
New User (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by troydetter
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Jim Matthews
New Connection (trial): Not getting a hostname or username populating when I open app and connect using FTP, SFTP, etc. Direction? Thanks very much.
Jim Matthews Administrator
It sounds like you want the New Connection dialog to be filled in with information about your server account whenever it appears. I would recommend reading the "Making Fetch start with information for your server or website" help topic. Here's an excerpt:
You can make Fetch automatically start up with the information for your favorite server, or the server containing your website, by using a default shortcut. A default shortcut will fill out the hostname and username fields every time the New Connection dialog is displayed, such as when you start Fetch.
To create a default shortcut:
1. Choose File > New Connection, if the New Connection dialog isn't already showing.
2. Enter the name of the server the Hostname field.
3. If your connection requires a username and password, enter them in the appropriate fields.
4. If you want your password to be filled out automatically when you use this shortcut, check the Add to keychain checkbox.
5. Press the Shortcuts pop-up menu, and choose Make Shortcut.
6. Enter a name for the shortcut. This can be anything that makes it easy for you to identify the shortcut later on.
7. Check the Make this the default shortcut checkbox.
8. Click the OK button.
9. Click Connect to connect and create the shortcut.
Let me know if that doesn't answer your question,
- Page 1