Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
new user - feedback and questions (2 posts)
- Started 5 years ago by akahige
- Latest reply 5 years ago from Scott McGuire
I'm a new Mac user after running Windows and Linux for a whole bunch of years. When I went looking for an FTP client, a friend suggested I try Fetch. So I'm test driving 5.6, and so far, I've found it to be intuitive and responsive, but I have some questions that I couldn't answer looking in the Help or the forum...
1) If I edit a file/folder name, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel the action. ESC is completely ignored, and clicking out of the field is the same as hitting "return". Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
2) Is there a way to hide columns in the transfer window? Granted, there aren't all that many of them, but "Kind" is entirely redundant and I'd like to make it go away.
3) The Transfer Queue... I'm used to being able to edit the contents of the transfer queue, but not only does this not seem possible, I can't even view it. This is a crucial bit of functionality but I can't find any info on how the queue works. Hoping someone can fill in some details.
Keep up the good work!
Scott McGuire Administrator
Thanks for taking a look at Fetch. To answer your questions:
1) You're right, Fetch does not respond to the ESC key, and I will file a bug ticket about that. You can cancel out of editing a file/folder name is to select everything, press the Delete key, and then press Return. I realize that's slightly longer than just pressing ESC (you have to type Command-A, Delete, Return) but it does restore the name to its original text.
2) No, sorry, currently there's not a way to hide columns in the transfer window. You can rearrange them and resize them, so you could make the Kind column very small and move it to be the last column, so that you can better focus on the columns you do want to see.
3) There is currently no way to view the list of files that are queued up to transfer, and edit that list. We do hope to add that feature in a future version.
Thanks very much for your feedback, and please let us know if you have any further questions.
- Page 1