Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
No clue what to do! (3 posts)
- Started 5 years ago by freshlife
- Latest reply 5 years ago from freshlife
Hi, i just downloaded Fetch and Text Wrangler. However, when I edited the things I wanted into Text Wrangler, I clicked on edit > save to ftp/sftp server. but, nothing new happened to my site.
what am i supposed to do?
how can i add images to the ftp?
Scott McGuire Administrator
The Save > Save to FTP/SFTP server command in TextWrangler does not use Fetch to upload files. That uses TextWrangler's built-in FTP capabilities.
To use the Fetch Edit command with TextWrangler, you would follow these steps:
* Open Fetch.
* Enter the connection information for the server where the file you want to Edit is located.
* Select the file that you want to edit by clicking it.
* Click the Edit button in the toolbar, or choose Remote > Edit from the menus.
* The editor application (in this case, TextWrangler) opens. Make changes to the file.
* Choose File > Save (just plain "Save", not "Save to FTP Server") from TextWrangler's menus. Fetch will automatically upload the changed file back to the server.
For more information about the Fetch Edit command, please see this help topic:
One way to upload images to your FTP site is to connect to your site with Fetch, and then drag your images to the Fetch transfer window that appears after you connect.
The Fetch introductory tutorial at:
has illustrated instructions for connecting, uploading and downloading files with Fetch.
ah~ thank you so much. i figured it out yesterday night. much thanks!
- Page 1