Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
not connecting (3 posts)
- Started 4 years ago by yolanda Nolton
- Latest reply 4 years ago from Scott McGuire
yolanda Nolton Member
Tried to connect to both of my sites and one is not connecting at all and the other is saying fail password this is terrible because we have time sensitive things on our site and I am not able to make quick changes :(
yolanda I am just someone else who needed support here, but if you really are desperate you can use your browser for ftp. Look for instructions online.
Hope that helps, realise it may be stating the obvious though.
Scott McGuire Administrator
Probably the first thing you should do is contact the people or company who run the servers. If you are having a problem connecting to a server that you've previously connected to successfully, this almost always indicates a problem with the server. You should contact the company or person who runs the server to have them look into the problem.
If they confirm that there is not a problem with the server, verify your hostname, username, and password with them, and then double-check what you've entered in the New Connection dialog or the shortcut.
You may receive an error saying your password is incorrect even if the real problem is that you entered the incorrect hostname or username, or the server is experiencing problems.
If you have all the correct information and they say there is no problem with the server, then you may be experiencing a problem with your network equipment, and you should try restarting it using these steps, which sometimes solves this sort of problem if there is no problem on the server end:
* Shut down your Mac.
* Unplug your router or wireless base station (if you have one; a router is a device for sharing your Internet connection with multiple computers).
* Unplug your cable/DSL modem.
* Plug the cable/DSL modem back in, and wait about a minute for it to get completely started up.
* Then plug the router or wireless base station back in, and wait another minute for it to start up.
* Finally, start your Mac.
But usually the problem is with the server.
If you're still having problems after trying both of the above, let us know.
- Page 1