Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Old password followed by new password (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by blankpro
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
I have a shortcut that comes up with a previous password from my shrotcut list. When I pick that shortcut again, then the new password appears (which is the one I want to use).
What can I do to delete the old one? I have already tried deleting the shortcut and making a new one....
Scott McGuire Administrator
The problem may be that the old password is saved in your keychain. To overwrite it with the new password, follow these steps:
1) Choose New Connection from the File menu.
2) Choose the shortcut from the Shortcuts pop-up (it's the heart icon in Fetch 5, and near the bottom of the window in Fetch 4).
3) The password field should be filled in with bullet characters. Delete the bullets, and type in the correct password.
4) Check the "Add to Keychain" checkbox.
5) Click the Connect button (Fetch 5) or the OK button (Fetch 4).
Let us know if that does not fix the problem.
- Page 1