Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
open subdir with login? (2 posts)
- Started 12 years ago by jmcclell
- Latest reply 12 years ago from Jim Matthews
Hundreds of people have accounts on our server. When I log in with Fetch, it goes only to the root and I must scroll deep into the alphabet to open my own folder. I tried putting a slash and my folder name after the server name, and could not connect at all. Can I set it up to go directly to my folder? How?
Jim Matthews Administrator
Here's how I would do it:
1) Connect to your server and find your way to your folder.
2) Choose "New Shortcut..." from the Customize menu, and give the shortcut a name (like "My Folder").
3) Choose "Preferences..." from the Customize menu and choose the shortcut you just created from the Default Shortcut pop-up menu.
After that whenever the New Connection window comes up it should be filled in with server name, user id, and starting folder path that will take you to your folder.
- Page 1
This topic has been closed.