Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
password not valid (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by Desertrunner
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
We recently upgraded our OS to Tiger. before then we had used an older version of Fetch with little or no problems. Now we are trying to access ftp sites and other clients sites with the new version of Fetch and keep getting the same error message. Password not valid. Check all connections and setups there are no problems. Our access to the internet is a DSL thru a D-Link router. Can browse the web with no trouble. Accessing everything from Quicktime to clients web sites with no trouble. Just cannot download or upload to ftp.
At home I am able to connect to sites and download and upload with no problem using Fetch and Transport. What could be causing the problem?
In response to your reply, we are entering the passwords manualy.
[This message has been edited by Desertrunner (edited 01-25-2007).]
Scott McGuire Administrator
On the Mac that you're having problems with the passwords, are the password being filled out automatically, or are you typing them in manually?
If they are being filled in automatically from the keychain - or if you are just choosing a shortcut from the menu or the Fetch Shortcuts window, and getting an error - please try the following:
* Choose File > New Connection to show the New Connection dialog.
* Enter the information for one of the ftp sites you're having problems with, or choose its shortcut from the pop-up menu.
* Re-type the password in the Password field, even if it's been filled out automatically.
* Check the Add to Keychain checkbox.
* Click the Connect button.
If this works, repeat this procedure for the other sites you are having a problem with. From then on, you should be able to let Fetch fill out the passwords automatically again.
If this doesn't help, or you are entering the passwords manually and they aren't working, let us know and we'll help investigate further.
- Page 1