Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Print or Export Shortcuts ? ? ? (2 posts)
- Started 10 years ago by KidRacer-X
- Latest reply 10 years ago from Scott McGuire
Is there a way to export or print shorcut information so I can have a hard copy of URLS, directories, and passwords? I had a hard drive fail which made me realize a printed version of this information would have been a HUGE help. I'm currently using 4.0.3. Thank you all!
Scott McGuire Administrator
There are a couple of things you can do to make backup copies of your shortcut information.
To create a list of the URLs of your shortcuts:
* Choose Window > Fetch Shortcuts to show the shortcuts
* Choose Edit > Select All to select all of them
* Choose Edit > Copy to put the URLs on the clipboard
* Open your favorite text editor or word processor, and open a blank document
* Choose Edit > Paste
You should see a list of the URLs for all your shortcuts. You can save or print this list. This list will not include the password information for security reasons, though.
Another option is to make a backup of your shortcuts file, and put it on another drive or a CD. To do this (assuming you are on Mac OS X):
* Quit Fetch.
* Choose "Home" from the Go menu in the Finder.
* Open the Library folder.
* Open the Preferences folder.
* Find the Fetch Shortcuts file.
* Copy it to another hard drive, or make a copy to be burned to be put on CD.
* Be sure to copy, not move, the file - if you move it out of the Preferences folder Fetch will be unable to find the shortcuts.
If you did not save your passwords in the keychain, this method will backup your passwords as well.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding these instructions. Thanks,
- Page 1