Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Problem with 5.1 b2 (2 posts)
- Started 9 years ago by Orcish
- Latest reply 9 years ago from Scott McGuire
When I installed 5.1b2 I lost all of my shorcuts from 5.05. Is there any way to get them back? I do have a backup of the old configuration on an external HD.
Scott McGuire Administrator
We're sorry that the 5.1b2 upgrade didn't import your shortcuts - it should have. You may not need to go to the backup to get the shortcuts back.
We'd like to look at your 5.0.5 shortcuts file to figure out why the shortcuts did not get imported. Fortunately, the file should still be in your Preferences folder. Could you please do the following?
* Choose "Home" from the Go menu in the Finder
* Open the Library folder
* Open the Preferences folder
* Look for a file named "Fetch Shortcuts"
* Copy (instead of move) that file to the Desktop by holding down the option key while dragging it to the Desktop.
Mail the copy of the file to bugs at fetchsoftworks dot com with a short description of the problem (that is, you upgraded and your shortcuts got lost). Thanks.
Next, try the following:
* Quit Fetch, if it's running.
* Go to your Preferences folder as described above.
* Move the file named "com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.Shortcuts.plist" to your Desktop.
* Try running Fetch again, and see if your shortcuts reappear.
Let us know if that works. If you cannot find a "Fetch Shortcuts" file, let us know.
("Fetch Shortcuts" is the file Fetch 5.0.5 saves shortcuts in. "com.fetchsoftworks.Fetch.Shortcuts.plist" is the file Fetch 5.1b2 saves them in.)
- Page 1