Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Publish website made on iweb to GoDaddy (2 posts)
- Started 8 years ago by KateO
- Latest reply 8 years ago from Scott McGuire
How do I publish my website that I created in iweb? I am using GoDaddy and they suggested I use Fetch to help me do this.
Scott McGuire Administrator
For a basic introduction to using Fetch, you can read our tutorial here:
And once you've done that, here is an outline of the steps you should follow to publish your iWeb-created website with Fetch:
1. Create a folder on your desktop with the name of your website (something like "My Website March 5").
2. In iWeb, go to the File menu, and choose Publish to a Folder.
3. You will be prompted to choose a folder to put your website files in. Choose the folder you created on your desktop.
4. iWeb will export the files that make up your website.
5. Open Fetch.
6. Enter the information for your server into the New Connection dialog and click Connect.
7. A new window listing the folder and files on your server appears. This is the Fetch transfer window.
8. In the transfer window, open the folder where you want to put your website files. You can change to a different folder by double-clicking on its icon. (Note that on some servers you do not need to change to a different folder.)
9. Open the website folder you created on your desktop. You will see an index.html and one or more folders.
10. Select all of these and drag them to the transfer window of Fetch.
11. Fetch will start uploading your files and folders. The dog cursor runs until Fetch has finished putting your files on to the server.
12. Once Fetch has finished uploading, visit your website to make sure it looks correct.
Please let us know if you have further questions.
- Page 1