Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Schedule FTP download (2 posts)
- Started 11 years ago by hendersond
- Latest reply 11 years ago from Jim Matthews
I have been using Fetch 4 for a long time to mirror an FTP site to a local server that runs Fetch. To schedule this automatically at 2:00am:
1. I created a Mirror Document
2. I created an AppleScript that when run opens this Mirror Document
3. I use CronniX to automatically launch the Applescript at 2:00am
Is there an easier way to do this using Fetch 5? I was hoping for some type of scheduling routine built into this upgrade and I do not see it.
Jim Matthews Administrator
We are still thinking about adding scheduling to Fetch. In the meantime there are a number of other options, including CronniX. You could simplify things by one step by having the AppleScript tell Fetch to perform the mirror operation, rather than having a mirror document, but either way should work.
- Page 1