Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Server Passwords (6 posts)
- Started 6 years ago by terryzx
- Latest reply 6 years ago from terryzx
Since I installed this new version, all my passwords have stopped working automatically and I have to enter them again each time I try to go back to the server....even I I have not quit the application.
How do I make them stay active for every time I use the servers. I have a lot of sites I need to work on and it takes a lot of time to look up and paste in a password EVERY time.
Scott McGuire Administrator
We're sorry to hear you're having problems with Fetch.
After you enter the password for a server, try checking the "Add to keychain" checkbox.
Then close the connection to the server, and try connecting again - does Fetch remember the password?
If this does not fix the problem, please let us know, and we'll try some other things.
I have always checked the box to add to the keychain and until recently I has worked perfectly. Then at the last release when I installed it, it started asking for the server password EVERY time I went to one even though these all have never done that except for the first time I went to them.
Now it still asks for the password and does so EVERY time even tough I still check the box to add to keychain. Also, if I close the window and go to a different server, it will ask again even tough the application has not quit yet.
I have a lot of servers to maintain and locating the password and pasting it in EVERY time is really getting annoying. Up until this started happening, all was working perfectly.
Scott McGuire Administrator
It sounds like there may be some problem with your keychain.
Please try the following steps, which perform maintenance on the keychain:
* Quit Fetch.
* Run the Keychain Access application, which is in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.
* Choose Keychain Access > Preferences
* Click on the "First Aid" tab.
* Make sure both "Synchronize login keychain password" and "Set login keychain as default" are checked.
* Then choose Keychain Access > Keychain First Aid
* In the password field of the Keychain First Aid window, enter your Mac OS X admin password (this should be the same as your Mac OS X login password).
* Click the Repair radio button.
* Click the Start button.
* Once it's done, close the Keychain First Aid window.
* Click on the "login" item in the Keychains pane of the Keychain Access window.
* Choose Edit > Change Settings for Keychain "login"
* Make sure all the checkboxes the setting are unchecked, and click Save.
* Quit Keychain Access.
Try connecting to servers and saving passwords to the keychain again with Fetch.
And let us know if that fixes the problems or not.
see next post
[This message has been edited by terryzx (edited 07-09-2007).]
First aid found no trouble but I think that setting the default keychain was the problem as it appears to work fine now. Thanx Much ;)
- Page 1