Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
set permission (2 posts)
- Started 6 years ago by Kathy
- Latest reply 6 years ago from Scott McGuire
I'm installing a php upload/download program and the directions say to set the permission for write:
Set writeable attributes (which is called "chmod 777" in unix language)
with your FTP client software you used for upload the script.
Just select the listed files and folders, and set the attributes to 777 (please search
in your FTP client software where you find this option).
It is strongly necessary to give all of the following files write permission:
I went FTP commands to set the permission but I don't know what to insert in the box.
Scott McGuire Administrator
To set the permissions of files on the server using Fetch, do the following (these instructions are for Fetch 5):
1. Select the items you want to set permissions for.
2. Choose Remote > Get Info or click the Get Info button in the transfer window toolbar.
3. Click the disclosure triangle next to "Ownership and Permissions" to display the permissions pane, if necessary.
4. Check the permission boxes as desired, or enter a UNIX equivalent string in the edit field. In your case, you want to type 777 into the UNIX equivalent field.
5. Click the Apply button.
I hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you have further questions.
- Page 1