Your best friend for file transfer.Fetch
Trouble with Default Shortcut in 5.0 (2 posts)
- Started 7 years ago by Linda80100
- Latest reply 7 years ago from Scott McGuire
I have Fetch 5.0.5 on OS-X 10.3.9. I am trying to set my default shortcut, and have selected it in the preferences. But when the New Connection window opens, the Initial Folder field is always blank, so I have to type it in anyway. I have upgraded from Fetch 3.0, and that version allowed me to do this, with the "Directory" field always filled in upon opening New Connection. I would like to think this feature is still available in 5.0. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Scott McGuire Administrator
Fetch 5 should fill out the Initial Folder field as part of your default shortcut, just like Fetch 3 did.
Please try the following:
First, open the New Connection dialog, press on the Shortcuts pop-up menu (the one with a heart icon), and choose the shortcut you set as your default shortcut. What happens? Does the Initial Folder field get filled out then?
And then try this:
* Cancel the New Connection dialog if it's open.
* Choose Show Shortcuts from the Shortcuts menu.
* In the Fetch Shortcuts window, select the shortcut you want to use as your default shortcut.
* Choose Edit Shortcut from the Shortcuts menu.
* What does it say in the Path field of the Edit Shortcut window?
* If it's blank, enter the folder you want the shortcut to use.
* If it's not blank, please tell us what you've entered there so we can try to figure out why it's not showing up in the New Connection dialog.
- Page 1